September 14 – 15, 2019
EI Driving Trial
This year’s September Driving Trial is back in a traditional two-day format with Dressage and Cones on Saturday and Marathon on Sunday. This offers plenty of action and fun with a bit less pressure. We’re thrilled to be at Donida Farm Equestrian Center with all it has to offer.
September 21, 2019
Poker Drive & Derby
- Poker Drive at Brian and Karen Henschels
- 38424 Jefferson Scio Drive: Scio, OR
- 09:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Fee $45.00
- Includes haul in fee and 1 hand of Poker
- Additional Poker hands available at $10.00 per hand
- The 3 highest hands will receive a cash payout
- Bring a sack lunch and beverage
- Water is available for horses – bring your own bucket
- Porta-potty provided
- HELMET and WHIP required when driving
- Horses may not be tied to trailer when cart is attached and horse is harnessed.
- There will be people available to head.
- Time Schedule: 10:00 am Poker Drive
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
- 1:00 – 3:30 Derby
- AFTER Derby: Area is available to just go driving and have fun.
- QUESTIONS; Contact Ann Craig @503-930-5424 or by facebook.
Attention all drivers coming to the Poker Drive, Saturday, Sept 21, 2019: There will be a short meeting Saturday morning prior to hitching and driving at Karen’s to review the areas available for driving.
Poker Drive sponsored by Western Whips and Wheels
Saturday October 5, 2019
ADT (Arena Driving Trial) – Thomas Equestrian Center
ADT Entry Form Download from link below
Dressage Tests: ADT Test #2 (Training Level and Prelim level) https://americandrivingsociety.org/Events-Resources/Resources/Dressage-Tests
ADT Show Secretary: Krista Tanner: Gixld7@gmail.com
Month long Membership Drive
Explore Board Position opportunities (ISO Treasurer candidates!) and share ideas about the future of WWW (club event offerings – ADT’s; Play Days; Educational Clinics; Driving Clinics, etc)
Sunday December 8, 2019
WWW Annual Meeting 1pm – 3pm
Hopkins Demonstration Forest Center 16750 S. Brockway Rd; Oregon City, OR 97045
Educational Guest (tba); Board Elections for expiring positions; Renew Membership/Apply for Membership; Food & Fun!
Board of Directors
President: Alison Gilham* (term expires end of 2020)
Vice President: Colleen Kuust (term expires end of 2020)
Secretary: Ann Craig* (term expires end of 2020)
Treasurer: Becky Giacomazzi (term expires end of 2019)
Member at Large: Kelly Comm* (term expires end of 2019)
Member at Large: Candice Washburn* (term expires end of 2019)
*means that the two 2-year term limit for that position will be complete. Member may remain on the board only if elected to a different position
Communications Director (Unofficial Position): Janet Burns
Board Adviser (Honorary Position): Linda Thomas
Other NW DRIVING CLUBS and Info
American Driving Society
The CDE at Inavale
The Morgan Horse Club of Washington State:
Driving Clinic & Private Driving Lessons with Dallas Bolen:
https://mhcws.org/ or contact email@example.com
Wine Country Equestrian Club
Letter from the Northwest Friesian Horse Club President: